In order to apply for a locksmith company license you need to:
* Applicants should be at least 21 years of age. * Applicants must hold an active license issued by the State of California and they must pass all State-mandated background checks in addition to the federal and county requirements. * The applicant must submit all applicable forms, as well as a deposit of fifty dollars or more as an application fee. * The applicant must complete an on-site criminal history background check via the FBI and California Department of Justice (DoJ) in order to be screened on a case-by-case basis.
* Applicants should be able to provide references and a business plan detailing how their locksmith company will meet the specific needs of their clients. * Applicants must be able to provide proof of employment and experience. * Applicants must also be able to present letters from their previous employers and proof of insurance for their employees. * Applicants must complete the necessary and stated documents in the applicant form. * Applicants must also submit an updated application to ensure that their locksmith company has continued compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
* It is important to make sure that you are hiring a qualified locksmith company that is in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws. * All locksmiths must pass the American Society of Contractors (ASCC) National Lock Industry Qualifying Exam (NLEQ). * Every locksmith company must provide an Annual Inspection Report. * Any locksmith company that does not provide this report is probably not licensed to operate.
* Every company should provide the necessary information required by local, state, and federal law. This information includes a list of certified licensed personnel, their background checks, and any references. * Each company should also provide all of the necessary forms and information required by local, state, and federal law in the state where it operates.
* You should review and evaluate each application that is submitted. * When all application requirements have been met you will be notified by mail. * You will then be required to sign a written agreement, which contains the company’s policies, terms and conditions, and a release of liability policy that outlines your legal responsibilities when working with this company.
* Once you accept an offer from a locksmith company, you will need to call in the locks that the company will be installing. * Call and schedule an appointment with the company to discuss your needs and give them a call in a few days to set up an appointment with the technician. * If the technician is unable to install your locks, you should give them a call and schedule another one.
* The locks that the technician installs should be of high quality. * A licensed technician should be provided by the company.