Nowadays, everyone is connected to social media and other online modes. In this series, Twitter plays a very crucial role in forwarding and highlighting a piece of information or any news tagline promptly. Here we are providing you the complete steps to create a twitter account as fast as you can.
Creating an account on Desktop
- Just open your browser and go to twitter.com to open the Twitter home page.
- In the central portion of your page, there appears a blue-colored tab that says “Sign Up.” Tapping on it will bring you to a Log-in page. Now a text bar will open and ask you to enter your desired name. Here you have to enter your substitute name or organizational name, not the real one.
- Then you will be asked to type your contact number under the phone bar. You may choose ” Use email instead” option if you wish to proceed with your email address. This email address is the address that will be associated with your Twitter handle.
- Now tap on “next” button present at the top right portion of your window.
- Then press on the “Sign up” button located at the mid-portion of your page.
- Now the system asks you to confirm the contact number that you have provided. Skip this step in case you have selected email option for signing up. Here are the steps to proceed with your contact number verification:
- A prompt will appear, click here on the “OK” button to proceed.
- Now launch your message box and check six-digit code sent on your mobile via Twitter.
- Type the code in the twitter text-box. Now tap on the Next button to continue it.
7. Then you will be asked to create your password under the box proved to “You’ll need a password” box. Here tap on the “Next” button to verify it.
8. Choose your desired interest from the list of available options. You may choose multiple topics in which you take an interest. At the upper part of the window, you may tap on “Skip for now” option in case you want to skip for later.
9. Press on “Next” button at the upper-right edge of your window.
10. You have the choice to mark more and more people to follow them. You may also tap on ” skip for now” option and proceed further.
11. Now you have to add your desired accounts which you want to follow. Click on the “Follow” button. The account you follow will be saved under your “Following” bar.
12. In case you have selected “Use email instead” option, then you will be asked to verify the email address that you have provided in it. You have to go to your email account inbox and check for any message from Twitter.
Creating a Twitter account on your smartphone
- Just install the Twitter app on your phone. In case you have not installed it earlier, download it from Google Play Store or the App Store and open it.
- Now press on the tab “Get Started”- a blue-colored tab present in the mid-portion of your screen.
- Type your name under the name text box at the upper side of your phone screen.
- Now provide your contact number under the ” Phone or email” text box.
- At the bottom part of your page, click on the “Next” button.
- Then touch on “Sign up” option, and verify your phone number. You have to provide a six-digit code sent on your phone. Tap “Next” to proceed.
- Type the password for your Twitter account.
- If you wish to sync your device with your contacts to access it, press on “Sync contacts” option.
- Now you will be asked to choose your interest areas from the list provided you. You can tap Skip for now option to skip it.
- Touch on the “Next” button and then mark any suggested accounts that you wish to follow. You may also skip it for now.
- If you want to add your followed accounts to the “Following” list, touch on the “Follow” button.
- A prompt will appear asking whether you want to permit Twitter or not to access your information like photos etc. You have to turn the GPS on “ON” mode to permit notifications also.
- Now you can enjoy the services of Twitter.
Ryan Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.